The Ice Lab located at MTS Iceplex, features the latest hockey technology, including the Dartfish Biomechanical Analysis Software, a high-definition camera and the skating gates and goalie nets from the Total Hockey Centre. The Ice Lab is the biggest ice surface for goalie training in Manitoba at 45 feet in length by 37 feet in width.
Ice Lab Features
- 45 feet by 37 feet sheet of ice with boards flooded by a full sized Zamboni.
- Four full sized goalie creases.
- Male and Female change rooms.
- A commercial sized camera (used to televise NHL games) that transmits to a 63 inch monitor screen.
- Delayed video that will transmit into the monitor screen. All video has a delay feed that will allow goalies to analyze their movements and watch themselves immediately during the goalie session.
- The Ice Lab has a goalie channel on the internet. Students of the game can go home and watch themselves on the Internet the next day.
- Every student is evaluated and provided with feedback after every session.
For Ice Lab Bookings – See Jets Hockey Development
The Ice Lab is an educational environment, focusing on the breakdown of goaltending movements, as well as making learning fun for everyone. The facility is for all ages and will build goalies to greater heights than we have ever seen in our province.